Does the source show that it is based on research? A scientific source will always contain information about the research it is built on. Treat the source with caution if no such information is provided. The bibliography will give the reader a brief overview and determines to what degree relevant research is included. Bibliography and in-text citations add to the credibility of sources.
- Does the book contain a bibliography?
- Is the book’s reasoning based on other credible sources?
- What academic level is the book written for?
- Are the in-text citations tidy and correct? Are they listed in the bibliography?
- Has the bibliography been organized in a tidy fashion?
- Are there any unsupported assertions or facts in the source?